The Gaggenau plant is steeped in tradition: it was founded in 1894 and is thus the oldest automobile factory in the world. It produces commercial vehicles and is part of the Daimler Trucks Division.
Manual and automatic transmission systems, axles, transformers and pressed parts for, amongst others, the Mercedes-Benz A-Class and B-Class, are produced here in an area totalling 639,041 m2. The transmissions product range goes from manual transmissions for passenger cars to assemblies for heavy-duty commercial vehicles.
Products, components and services for the global car and supply industry are produced in the transformer, machining and metal forming technology product areas, as well as in the International Logistics Consolidation Center.